Police Say Buffalo Shooter Investigated Previously For Earlier Threat

Posted 43 days ago

From DAILYCALLER.COM

An 18-year-old shooting suspect in the Buffalo area was investigated months ago for making a threat at his high-school, according to police.

Payton Gendron is accused of opening fire Saturday at a Conklin, New York, supermarket and killing 10 people while live-streaming the incident on the platform Twitch.

But that wasn’t Gendron’s first run-in with the law, according to authorities. New York State Police spokesman Beau Duffy reportedly said authorities investigated Gendron on June 8, 2021.

“[Authorities] responded to Susquehanna High School in Conklin, N. Y., to investigate a report that a 17-year-old student had made a threatening statement,” Duffy said in a statement, according to The Washington Post. Gendron was taken into custody and “transported to the hospital for a mental health evaluation,” Duffy reportedly said.

“The information we have is he was there for a day and a half, was evaluated and then released at that point,” Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia reportedly said.

Gendron, who was originally not charged, allegedly made comments that stoked fear he would shoot people during graduation, according to The Washington Post. Gramaglia said “it was a generalized threat; not a specific threat made at a ... (Read more)



Tweets mentioned:

https://twitter.com/DanielTelvock/status/1525578801266274304

https://twitter.com/ValerioCNN/status/1526169298510782467