Posted 12 days ago
The Biden administration is working with "urgency and care" to enhance its screening and vetting operations as part of its effort to resettle Afghan refugees in the United States, with senior government officials telling Fox News that, at this point, no Afghans of "concern" have entered the country.
Last month, ahead of its Aug. 31 deadline to withdraw all military assets from Afghanistan, the Biden administration airlifted more than 124,000 individuals from Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul. That included approximately 6,000 American citizens.
Since the withdrawal, the administration has said its mission has shifted from a military mission to a "diplomatic" one, and it is committed to continuing to evacuate Americans left behind, as well as Afghan allies, some with pending Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs).
A senior government official on Tuesday outlined the screening and vetting process for Fox News, saying that the process begins overseas.
The administration has deployed more than 200 Customs and Border Protection officials overseas to capture the biometrics and biographics of individuals. The official said CBP officials then are able to work with "interagency partners," including officials within the FBI, the National Counterterrorism Center, the intelligence community, the Department of Defense and others within the Department of Homeland Security to "look at data across databases to vet."
The official explained that there is a "second layer" of screening once individuals arrive at a U. S. point of entry. Officials there go through the information and "make sure no one let into the country is of concern."
"No one has gotten into the United States or entered that is of concern," the official said. "The administration... (Read more)
Graham says he hopes that Trump runs again 10 hours ago