Posted 34 days ago
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says he will not run for president after refusing to rule out a third-party run earlier in the year.
Cuban, appearing Thursday on the podcast "The Axe Files" with ex-Obama adviser David Axelrod, said that in May he had hired a pollster to assess his chances in a three-way race with President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden and ultimately decided the numbers were not in his favor.
“In a three-way between me, Biden and Trump, I dominated the independent vote — I got like 77 percent percent of it and was able to take some votes away from Donald and some votes away from Biden,” Cuban said.
"In a three-way between me, Biden and Trump, I dominated the independent vote - I got like 77 percent percent of it and was able to take some votes away from Donald and some votes away from Biden," Cuban said.
"But in aggregate, I was only able to get up to 25 percent. From every which way, crosstab, you name it, I had it analyzed and scrutinized every which way, projected, and they could only see me getting up to 25 percent. That's why I didn't pursue it further," he added.... (Read more)